You can find out more about orienteering from the links below:
- British Orienteering's New to Orienteering guide
- Orienteering Jargon
- A great guide to orienteering, from beginners through to advanced techniques is available at betterorienteering.org
- An online book about orienteering skills is available here
Specifications for maps and control descriptions are available at this link on the IOF site.
Neighbouring Orienteering Clubs
- North Gloucestershire Orienteering Club (NGOC)
- North Wiltshire Orienteering Club (NWO)
- Quantock Orienteering Club (QO)
- South Wales Orienteering Club (SWOC)
Suppliers of Orienteering and Running Equipment
- CompassSport - Britain's national orienteering magazine
Running Clubs & Other Cross-Training
- Hogweed Trotters - Fun and friendly road running & triathlon club based around Chipping Sodbury.
- Forest of Dean Athletic Club - Road and trail running.
- Weston Athletic Club - Road and trail running in Weston-super-Mare and the surrounding area.
BADA-UK - Information on tick borne diseases.
Running Diary - The place to find your next race.
Mendip Outdoor Pursuits - Providers of high quality, tailor-made outdoor activities (including orienteering) for organisations and individuals throughout the South West.
EventHead - The home of 'mental racing', an off-road sport where you need to use your head as well as your body.
North Somerset Strollers - Six friendly local short walk groups in Weston, Winscombe, Nailsea, Yatton ,Clevedon and Pill/Portishead aimed at people wanting gentle, accessible exercise.
Orienteering skills videos